The Benefits of Print Books
V Publishers May 24, 2021 Blog Publishing 0
A print book is a joy to behold!
The smell of freshly printed pages, the smooth, silky feel of paper beneath your fingertips, the crinkle, and crackle of a story flowing by.
- Print offers a unique reading experience.
- Digital e-readers don’t engage the senses the way a physical book does. Reading a printed book is a tactile experience.
- You feel it, you smell it, and you remember it.
- This is one reason physical books are the more popular format for readers. Printed books touch readers on a more primal emotional level.
- Digital books bought online generally cost less. While a new hardcover can cost $30, the same book may only cost $15 on a Kindle e-reader. And that’s the top price for an eBook.
- Most back titles are available for under five dollars. If you have limited income, e-readers and e-books are a better bargain when it comes to price.
- In addition, reading a print book offers an uninterrupted “low tech” reading experience. E-readers and online reading in digital formats run the risk of pop-up ads, dying batteries, and power failures.
- Despite its distribution limitations, print still reaches a broad demographic, especially among older readers.
- For example, 41% of Americans over age 65 are not Internet users. The number of e-reader owners is even lower among this demographic.
Data is of USA researched by Toner Buzz